Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do you worry that children asking questions on this site are getting really, really bad advice?

I've only been doing this for about two weeks and the horrendous advice and answers I see make me crazy. If my kids went here for advice instead of to me I would be really worried about the outcome.Do you worry that children asking questions on this site are getting really, really bad advice?
Yes, some children are getting bad advice. Partly due to people immediately answering a question, without checking the profile or age of the asker. When I began on this site, it didn't occur to me that a huge amount of the visitors to this site are minors. So if someone asks....I think he likes me, but he's 10 years older than I am...should I go for it. If I say YES ,and that person turns out to be 10 years old....there's a serious case of bad advice. So, instead of trying to beat others to the punch, (or punchline)....it doesn't hurt to take a few extra seconds to try and ascertain the seriousness of the questions being asked.Do you worry that children asking questions on this site are getting really, really bad advice?
Not everyone puts information in their profile, though.

Report Abuse



In a perfect world, the parent/child relationships would be strong enough so the kids would feel comfortable discussing with their parents any and all concerns. This isn't a perfect world, though, and there are many kids in dysfunctional homes so the advice they get here is probably better than what they would receive at home. Schools should also stress their open door policies with counselors and nurses so kids don't feel desperate or isolated if they are having a problem.
I think most of the advise is really good. My daughter sought advice over an abortion. She didn't want to listen to us. Her partner wanted it [ the abortion ] and she didn't want to loose him over it. We told her to get rid of him, not the baby, but would she listen ? Many people on here reinforced what we said, and one guy in particular told her partner to ' man up'. He did, and our much wanted grandchild is due in a few weeks. I don't think my daughter would have gone through with it, but thank god for this site, i say
lol no depends on how old the person is asking the question... and if he or she askes like a really stupid question than some people are gonna give bad advice just to be funny but then theres also people who do answer it though
I think probably most of the people that use this are infact young kids. And yes, I do believe that they are getting terrible advice from people. Most kids seem to use this to ask their questions because in most that I have seen they express that they feel as if they cannot talk to a parent or anyone else. Then they either get really bad advice from kids their own age or younger who know nothing about what they are asking, or they get bad advice from adults who are trying to be smartasses.
Depends on what the questons are about


some answers of people are serious.


I only stick to the pregnant questions, because i think itws a very serious topic.
well dad i think ur crazy cause i follow this advice.
I give children children really really bad advice only when they ask really really stupid questions, even for thier age.

No comments:

Post a Comment