Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why Are People Asking For Health Advice On This Site?

Let me clarify: I suppose it's alright to ask about homeopathic medicines and stuff like that but, questions like,';I dropped my 3 month old on her head last night when I put her to bed and she still hasn't woke up. Is there a problem, or should I do that every night since she seems to sleep the whole night through? That way I can go out with my friends and not have to pay a babysitter!';


I get it that some people don't have medical insurance and may need advice. But some of these questions I've been seeing are hinting at some serious conditions. I guess my real question should be,';what are these people thinking?';Why Are People Asking For Health Advice On This Site?
I think you have to take some of these questions with a grain of salt. Some people ask outrageous questions, because they like the attention and like to stir the pot. They sit back and laugh at everyone who jumps on their questions with indignant concern. Don't believe everything you read here.


There are some people who have no clue about their health as well. Or simply don't care.


I always say ';see your doctor'; on any health question I answer. I'm an RN and want to see everyone as healthy as possible. I rarely treat any question as ';made up';. Because you never really know.


Most people that pose questions on this or any other website should be asking their doctors anyway. This site is purely entertainment.Why Are People Asking For Health Advice On This Site?
Unfortunately the world is full of stupid people. Due to this fact you're bound to run into a few on the Internets....
I think some are just stupid, some are just looking for attention but it makes me wonder how they expect half the world to come up with a sensible answer.
there is no telling!


but think about it, anyone with a computer with internet access can ask a question here. they don't test you intelligence when you sign up.
Because one of their favorite phrases of all time is : ';Hey ya'll, watch this!';
Yeah, at least check out WebMD first!


I think that people have become attached to their yahoo answers community, as if they were a group of concerned friends, and would value their opinions over those of a certified medical professional. Still, it isn't a good idea.
I've wondered this as well, there are some people who are like';my kid is barfing their brains out and going into a coma,'; but wait i'd better ask a pile of strangers on a computer what they think it is, go figure!!!!!!
Someone has their head screwed on properly....couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad Yahoo! has a disclaimer.





People, when in doubt, go to the doctor! What is more important? Your money or your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment